Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Photo Backdrop



We are making a Christmas ornament with pictures of the children in our church nursery. I recycled the Platform 9 3/4 Wall (Do you remember this post?) to become our holiday backdrop. I am hoping that it looks like a chimney!



We needed to do something to break up the boring white walls of the church. There is one other back drop option besides white walls. The brown accordion divider that separates the room in two. But that looks even worse!


Even if you don't have a Hogwarts Train Platform, you can paint your own holiday backdrop. I took an old shower curtain and painted it by dipping a box in a mixture of brown, red and orange paint. Then I placed my rectangle shape across the curtain like bricks. It took about a half hour and then another hour or two to dry. Since I had the paint and the shower curtain it didn't cost me anything.



I think this would be fun to use for a family party. I am thinking about pulling it out when my nieces and nephews come over. They would be so cute holding Christmas stockings in front of the backdrop!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips