Sunday, November 3, 2013

Healthy Pumpkin Cookies

By Deborah Rowley


This is our favorite healthy cookie recipe. My kids gobble these up! They even know that they are made with honey and whole wheat! So you know that the recipe has to be good. I love making these during the fall season when anything pumpkin is so yummy. Here is the easy recipe:

1/2 cup butter
1 egg
3/4 cup honey
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon allspice
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips... (yes, they do have chocolate chips but they are still super healthy. I am a BIG believer in the health benefits of dark chocolate!)


First mix the butter, egg, and honey together. Before you pour the honey in your measuring cup, spray the cup with PAM spray. You will be amazed at how easily the honey slides out of your measuring cup!



Then mix in pumpkin and blend well. Add all the dry ingredients. Bake at 350@ for 10 minutes. That is it!


The cookies are really moist and soft and they don't flatten out on the pan so you can really load them close together. I can get 34 smallish cookies out of this batch. Which is great because I load them into ziplock bags and store them in my freezer. Then I can just pull out a baggie to send in my kid's lunches or the kids can pull out one or two for their after school snack. I promise you will love these! And you won't believe that they are actually good for you.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips