Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Preschool Activities: Letter of the Week {Qq}

By Tiffany Rudd
Snack Ideas:
      * Quesadillas! You can do classic cheese or mix it up with PB&J or these yummy looking Peanut Butter, Strawberry & Banana Quesadillas.
Favorite Books:
      * The Keeping Quilt by Patricia Polacco
      * I'm as Quick as a Cricket by Audrey Wood
Crafts:
      * Q-Tip Painting: My preschoolers always love painting, but there is something about using different objects as "paint brushes" that makes it even more fun. All you need are q-tips and paint for this fun activity.
      * Queen Puppets: I love the idea of using handprints to create these super cute queen puppets! I found these on Ceres Childcare.
      * Paper Quilts: I love this quilt idea over at Creative Preschool Resources. Perfect for reviewing squares too. 
      * Quarter Rubbing: This is such a great way to introduce the quarter coin! Sorry I don't have a source to credit. I found this cute activity on pinterest, but the link leads nowhere. 
Activities:
       * Play the Quick or Quiet Game: I don't have a picture to go along with this one, but my preschoolers loved playing this simple game. In our game, we tried to do different activities either quickly or quietly. One child was asked to pick an activity and another the adjective. Have you ever tried to clap quietly or tip-toe quickly? Super fun! :)

       * Qq is for Quilt Activities: Confessions of a Homeschooler has a cute quilt unit with lots of great printable activities. I love this letter hunt worksheet. 
 Printables:
      * Click on the photos below to print out your Qq Flash Card and Writing Practice Worksheet.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love your letter of the week posts. I recently started trying an at home preschool with my 4 year old and almost 3 year old. Your site has been such a big help. Thanks so much for all of your hard work! It has helped me out so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I love to hear that they are being used and enjoyed! :)

      Delete

Blogging tips