Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Preschool Activities: Letter of the Week {Pp}

By Tiffany Rudd
Snack Ideas:
      * Freshly Popped Popcorn! Every year one of the snacks my students remember the most is popcorn for the letter Pp. They remember it, not because it is new or unusual, but because I take the lid off my electric air popper and let them enjoy a popcorn volcano. If you don't have one already, keep your eye out at the DI or Good Will. They often have poppers without lids for a few dollars. I wish you could hear the laughter behind this photo - so much fun!
      * Pig Pancakes: This one goes perfectly with one of my favorite books - If You Give a Pig a Pancake.
Favorite Books:
      * If You Give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Numeroff
      * Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes
Crafts:
      * Pig Paper Plate Masks: How cute are these pig masks over at ready-set-read?! They'd be so fun with your pig pancakes. :)
      * Ping Pong Art: I'm dying to try this fun art project from Play Based Learning! I've used marbles before, but the light ping pong balls would make this activity even more fun. 
      * Glitter Peacocks: These super cute glitter peacocks are made with coffee filters and are so super cute. Find the instructions at Tippytoe Crafts.
Activities:
       * Sight Word Pancakes: I love-love this idea from Playdough to Plato. So simple to put together and so much fun. I'm definitely going to create a set for Brooklyn asap.
     * Pound the Sound: This is a cute and fun way to practice letter sounds from Happy Brown House. My kiddos would love this!
        * Princess Preschool Activities: Brooklyn went crazy over these princess activities from Confessions of a Homeschooler. She has free printable puzzles, sorting cards, coloring pages, and even lacing cards.
         * Number Punch: I did this activity from Happy Brown House with Cameron and Brooklyn this week and it was a huge hit. I used just plain numbers with Brooklyn (5), but wrote addition problems for Cameron (7) and it was a huge hit. 
 Printables:
      * Click on the photos below to print out your Pp Flash Card and Writing Practice Worksheet.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips