Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Preschool Activities: Letter of the Week {Ii}

By Tiffany Rudd

Snacks:

     * Ziplock Bag Ice Cream: This is a super fun project I've done with my own kids and my students over and over again. It is always a hit. Click on the photo above for complete instructions.  

     * Healthy Snack Butterflies: I love this healthier but still fun "insect" snack.

     * Make Your Own Igloo: This year one of my preschool moms sent a super cute "Ii" snack - each child got half an orange and a marshmallow to create an igloo. The kids loved them. I know I took a picture, but of course I can't seem to find it. :)

Favorite Books:

     * Inch by Inch by Leo Lionni
     * Inside, Outside, Upside Down by Stan & Jan Berenstain    


Crafts:

     * Puffy Ice Cream: Trying this mix of shaving cream, glue and food coloring is definitely on my must try list. 

     * Igloo Craft: I love this simple and cute idea from Children's Learning Activities.

     * Fingerprint Insects: This is the first year I didn't have time to do fingerprint insects with my preschool students. These are always one of my favorites because the kids come up with such cute variations. I found some cute examples over at Kids4Crafts.

     * Inchworm Gluing & Painting Activity: This is a cute activity to go along with the book Inch by Inch (above). 

Activities:

     * Inchworm Measuring: Kids love experimenting with measurement. I usually cut out a one inch section of green chenille straw for each child and let them measure different objects around the room with their "inchworm". They aren't always accurate, but it is a great into to the concept of measurement. I love the idea from Teach Preschool of creating worms out of play dough and measuring them with a standard ruler. 

Free Printables:
     * Click on the photos below to print the writing practice page and flash card. I also found this super cute printable Insect Packet from Oopsey Daisy. 
 

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. These are all such great ideas and look like they would be a lot of fun. I have a friend who runs a preschool and she is always looking for new, fun, and creative ideas to do with the kids. I will have to share this blog post with her and I hope that she will get some good ideas from it. http://www.miniapplemontessori.com/serving-st-paul-area/

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips