Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Preschool Activities: Letter of the Week {Dd}

By Tiffany Rudd
We had so much fun learning about the letter Dd in preschool this year! The only problem is, I didn't get out my camera once. Sorry about that. I'll do better this week, I promise. :) Anyway, on to the Letter Dd!

Snack Ideas:
      * Fossil Cookies: I found this idea on Martha Stewart and it was a huge hit. I used plastic dinosaurs instead of bugs and let the kids make their own imprints before I baked the cookies. Oh, and I didn't use her recipe. I just bought a roll of sugar cookie dough and cut it into 1/2 inch circles. The imprints didn't stay quite as well as I would have liked, but I bet if you freeze them before baking like Martha suggests it would be better. Either way, the kids loved eating their dinosaur fossils!
Books:
      * How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight by Jane Yolen
      * Danny and the Dinosaur by Syd Hoff
      * The Digging-est Dog by Al Perkins
      * Dinosaurs Love Underpants by Claire Freedman
 Crafts:
      * Paper Plate Dinosaurs: I love this cute and simple art project. Painting is always a hit with preschoolers, but if you'd rather not deal with the mess you can always just decorate with washable markers instead.
 Activities:
      * Dinosaur Sorting (Capital & Lowercase Dd): If you are looking for fantastic printable dinosaur activities, you have to visit Confessions of a Homeschooler. She has created so many fun dinosaur learning activities. The kids loved this sorting activity.
      * Dinosaur Dig: Thanks to the beautiful fall weather we've had in Utah this year, we did our archeologist dig out in the sandbox. I just buried plastic bones and plastic dinosaurs and let the kids dig them up using old paintbrushes. If it's too cold, or you don't have a sandbox, you can create one of these super cute Digging Up Dinosaurs - Activity Boxes.
 Free Printables:
      *Click on the photos below to print your Dd writing practice page and flashcards.

Find all our Letter of the Week posts HERE!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips