Monday, October 15, 2012

Toddler Activities: Crepe Paper Fun

By Deborah Pace Rowley
All you need for this fun toddler activity is a few rolls of streamers in bright colors. There are lots of different ways to play. You can hold the streamers while you dance and wave them in the air. Two people can dance together while holding a streamer between them. Toss the streamers in the air and try to catch them while they float to the ground. Call out the color of streamer your older toddler should try to catch.
Tie some long streamers to a hat rack or broom handle and dance around the May Pole. Leave a trail of streamers on the floor and let your toddler follow the trail to find you. Let the streamers trail in the breeze behind you as you run. Use your imagination and think of even more ways to have fun. The ideas listed here come from the book Wonderplay Too! by Freeta Reitzes and Beth Teitelman.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I never thought about doing something like this! I always buy too many streamers for party decorations and never know what to do with the extra. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! We hope you have as much fun with it as we did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Simple, yet fun! I have a hard time finding activites that appeal to the three little ones I have, one my own and two I babysit. The little girl I babysit is developmentally delayed. I want her to learn and get as much out of our activities as the other two!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips