Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Preschool Activities: Letter of the Week {Cc}

By Tiffany Rudd
I realize this isn't a very holiday-ish topic to post on Halloween, but I found tons of fun candy corn activities to make up for it. Candy Corn are obviously a great "Cc" treat and since they'll be around through Thanksgiving you have plenty of time to try out these super fun activities!

 Snack Ideas:
      *Candy Corn Patterns: I love this idea from A Mommy's Adventures. All you need is a bag of Brach's Candy Corn Harvest Mix. First sort the candy by type and then work on candy patterns together.
Books:
      * Caps For Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina - This is one of my kids all time favorites to act out. One day I'll have a big box of funky hats to use with this book like my mom used to. 
      * The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle - This is a fantastic book that teaches days of the week, counting, and even the life cycle of a butterfly. We read this classic in preschool this week and created the egg carton caterpillars below.
 Crafts:
      * Egg Carton Caterpillars: This is one of those crafts where the process is more important than the result. These turned out looking kinda goofy, but the kids absolutely loved them! All I did was cut my big Costco egg carton into rows of 4. I punched holes in both sides of 3 sections and then let the kids paint them. After they dried we added google eyes, chenille straw legs and smiles. By the kids reactions, you would have thought this was a fancy/expensive art project. Brooklyn's still has a place of honor on her dresser.
       *Candy Corn Math: Another candy corn activity as promised! :) This is a great one for learning numbers and practicing counting. All you need is some construction paper and candy corn. You can find this activity here.
Free Printables:
      * When I was planning my curriculum for the letter Cc I was all prepared to create some fun candy corn number and letter puzzles. The three sections make them the perfect design for practicing both. Luckily I searched a little first and saved myself a bunch of time. Click on the pictures below for free printable candy corn puzzles for practicing numbers and letters. 
      * Click on the photos below to print the writing practice worksheet and the flashcard. I hope you have a fantastic Halloween and a fun week learning the Letter Cc!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips