Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Toddler Activities: Sound Exploration Shakers

By Tiffany Rudd
The other day I threw together some quick and easy sound shakers to keep Anniston occupied while I was making dinner. These simple noise makers kept her occupied for almost half an hour as she experimented with each and puzzled over the different objects and the sounds they made.

All you need to make these sound shakers for your toddler are 4-6 matching containers with lids and any small items you have on hand. I filled mine with rice, dry pasta shell noodles, colorful beads, white sugar, and dry beans. Just try to find a variety of items that will make different sounds when shaken.
*Make sure you use containers that won't break and that your child can't get the lids off of, or the items could become choking hazards.

Later, I adapted this activity for my preschooler by making 5 more matching containers.
I then lined the inside of each container with paper and challenged her to find the matching containers using only the sounds they make. This activity was a hit as well.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips