Friday, August 31, 2012

Parenting Tips: Interviews

By Deborah Pace Rowley

I was interviewed regularly by my dad when I was growing up. He was a busy doctor but he wanted to be very involved in my life. These interviews were a great time for us to connect one on one. He would ask me questions such as: How do you feel like school is going right now? Where are you thinking about going to college? Are you satisfied with your social life? How is work going? 

My husband and I have continued to interview our own children. One of our favorite questions to ask in an interview may surprise you. How do you feel like I am doing as a mother? or How could I be a better dad? You can ask this question in a formal interview setting or you can ask it on a casual drive to get a smoothie or some fries. Whenever you ask it, make sure you are open and convey to your child that you really want an honest response. You are sure to get some eye-opening and maybe even life-changing feedback. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips